Some things that happened yesterday:
- Ricky Gervais ‘liked’ one of my tweets;
- I placed an online order at Topshop on Thursday and the parcel arrived before noon the following day. Very impressive service;
- Talking of clothes, what is the deal with the preponderance of blush-coloured clothing and shoes? I had hoped that the dismal Kate Middleton-inspired nude court shoe had died a death but then along comes blush. It is not a colour;
- Somewhat worryingly, my F-I-L told me about shopping for a birthday card for Little A, thus:
F-I-L: Now, is Little A my nephew?
ME: Err…no, he’s your grandson.
I fear he might be drinking too much. He took a tumble on Sunday after a particularly boozy afternoon. Maybe it’s time to slow down a bit.
- Bumped into the beautiful but somewhat dim Miss C:
ME: It’s your birthday soon, isn’t it?
MISS C: Sunday. And yours was…?
MISS C: I knew it was close to mine. It’s the same every year!
Yes, Miss C, yes it is.
- Also saw the divine, newly married Mrs H who told me she was pregnant again. This was an unimaginative joke I made when she planned her wedding a mere three months after her engagement and although I knew she wanted to get cracking with Baby #2, I’m not sure she was anticipating spending her hen do and wedding stone-cold sober.
- Mr B and Mr H are giving their relationship another go. I know I ought to be pleased for them and although I said as much, I can’t help but thinking that Mr B is just ‘settling’ – perhaps the trauma of selling their beloved house played a part and the discussions over custody of the Labrador were just too distressing. Maybe I’m being cynical – Mr B says they had an in depth conversation about their myriad issues and are planning to work on them. I do hope so. Mr B is simply too lovely a man to waste his life in a loveless relationship.